Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Y -- Yammer

Thumbelina is fresh and fit this morning.  Talking.  She's talking like nothing happened yesterday.

For me, it's like someone wadded me up like a used gum wrapper, then flattened me out, stretched me to cover a football field, and ran a herd of elephants across me.  I'm not a drinker, but I really sympathize with people who go on binges and have to deal with hang overs the next day.  Apparently, my "dream vacation package" didn't come with a metabolism switch.  A brand new pair of wings and an incantation to give me fairy abilities is about all I got.

Thumbelina says a fairy likes thumb size for more than one reason:  a quick metabolism is one of those reasons.  Soreness melts away like snow in a lava flow -- at least for her.

My body still remembers I'm human.

I want to take a staple gun, and attach Thumbelina to a tree.  A tree that is very. . . very . . . far from here.  Then I can sleep the day through.  Maybe tomorrow, too.

If she yammers any more, I'm going to go insane.

Sabrina
FFE (Future Fairy Expert)


My name's not Tumbelina.  I do know there are translation issues for humans, so I go by Fresh when I'm human sized.  That's short for Ferschpluchentisly -- sort of.  Sabrina got the spelling wrong, but I can't fix that because the Latin alphabet lacks about nine important symbols to make fairy words pronounceable. 


It's too bad I can't do anything about Sabrina's flying hangover.  At least I can't do anything for her.


What can I do about that hangover?  For me?  I can exploit it.  She shouldn't have left her computer logged in before she passed out.  Now, I'm a co-author on this blog.  don't worry.  I'll make sure everything I write is in italics.  I also wrote up a contract, which she signed when she was temporarily conscious, making an addendum to her tourist agreement.  If she gets to be the foremost human expert on fairies, I get to be the voice of reason representing the fairies.  Best part is I went to Sabrina's local bank and had the contract notarized, too.  


May your daisy always bloom yellow side up.


 -- Fresh