Tuesday, June 26, 2012

E -- Electricity

Lightning.

Sizzle, Zip, BOOM.

Thunder comes with it.

When you're fun sized, the entire experience can be terrifying.  Who am I kidding?  It's terrifying at any size.

The home tree never gets hit by lightning.

The one next to it wasn't so lucky.

I was about fifty feet away from the blast.  My ears are still ringing.  For one brief moment, I saw everything in ultraviolet.  Thumbelina's dramatic UV make-up, the markings on flowers.  Even a faint glow where a passing fox marked a tree this morning.  I can't say having a single moment of ultra violet vision was worth it for the bone-rattling I got.

If I ever thought my hair would go back to normal, I'm going to just have to abandon that hope.  It's not only puffy, like a fairy's.  Now it's frizzy and a little smelly from being singed.

Thumbelina disagrees.

Of course.

She says the lightning blast was just what she needed.  I don't know what for.  About the time she started to explain, my ears took on a melody all their own.  A lot like a fifty-foot wine glass being rubbed by a giant finger.  Rinnnnnnng.  It's continuous.  It probably won't stop until next week.

My fingers can still type, but that's about it.

This was NOT a good day.

-- Sabrina

Afternoon thunder storms are a pleasure for the fairies.  I'm so sad Sabrina had a different reaction.  I'll let her rest up for now.  Maybe she'll feel better tomorrow.


May your moon flower open majestically.


-- Fresh