Saturday, June 9, 2012

V -- Vanish

There are fairies just about everywhere in this grove.  Have you been wondering why you never see them?

I know that answer.

Pick me.  Really.  I'm holding my hand way WAY up in the air.  I'm waving it around.  I can tell you.

Humans are really easy to avoid.  We smell.  We make noises.  We also have a magnetic field that fairies pick up on at several hundred yards.  In their usual state -- thumb-sized, puffy haired, and barefoot -- flying around doing their little fairy jobs to make sure plants grow right, they don't really have to even think about avoiding us.  They just shrink down to ant size or bee size or even pebble size, and blend.  Changing size is easy.  When humans have left the area, they unfurl and uncurl.  They go about their business as if nothing happened.

Thumbelina showed me how to do this today.  If I could keep my fairy powers, I'd end my vacation and immediately apply for a job with the FBI.  I'd make the best spy ever.

Tomorrow, I'm going to ask her about all that walking around at human size looking like me, getting official documents notarized at my bank.  She was certainly in plain sight.  Didn't anyone notice the wings?

-- Sabrina

There's a lot I really don't want to tell Sabrina.  She loves to ask questions.  Usually, I just hum until she gets tired of pestering me.  I keep working.  Eventually, she joins back in.


May petunias perfume your patio.


-- Fresh